Discover Europe is another opportunity to spread the dialogue between cultures, promote the integration as well as getting to know new customs and traditions.
Discover Europe is an european contest and thus creates a possibility to experience new amazing places and different cultures in other parts of Europe. Everyone sees the reality from different perspective - the assumption of the contest is the best demonstration of this individual vision. It doesn't matter if the participant shows us the charm of her or his own motherland or some new experience from the journey around Europe. What matters is that she or he charms the jury with her/his way of expression.
Aims of the contest:
- a dual way of looking onto Europe - through the eyes of a polish student who's abroad or from the perspective of an Erasmus student who's staying now in Poland,
- realizing that the beauty is everywhere,
- sharing the experience from travels abroad,
- developing your photographic skills and creativity,
- getting to know the still undiscovered side of Europe.
There are three categories of the contest:
- Citizen of Europe - the photographies present various sides of Europeans (the main advantages of such photos should be the emotions captured in them).
- My Europe, my home - the pictures show interesting places and landscapes in Europe (a motto of this category is: „Share with us your piece of the world!”).
- Surprise me Europe! - the photos depict funny or intriguing situations which happened in Europe (in this category you can take pictures by smartphones, tablets etc.).
The contest consist of two parts: local stages in the country or abroad and the central stage. Additionally, photos will be also judged by the internauts through the voting on website of the contest.
Local stages together with galas are going to take place in the biggest polish cities like: Warszawa, Białystok, Gdańsk, Toruń, Poznań, Wrocław and Kraków. The intercollegiate working groups from every region will be responsible for organising the Promotion Days of the project and the exhibitions of sent photos, they will also choose the best pictures, which therefore qualifies to central stage. The photographies sent by the foreign students are going to be judged by juries of international photographers, the best will be accepted to the next stage.
The central stage is a presentation of work of juries' consisting of the representants of academic authorities, students and the artistic communities connected with photography, who will appoint the best photos from all that were sent in local stages.
More information on: discovereurope.esn.pl